iCan Storage Success Tips for Packing
iCan Storage features our patented Horizontal Lift System, which carefully lifts your portable storage container onto our truck without rolling or swaying. That being said, minimal shifting might occur during transportation. To help protect your belongings against possible damage during moving and storage in your portable storage unit, take a look out our convenient and helpful list of Packing Tips:
- Do not store any combustibles, such as fuel or propane tanks, cleaning supplies, paints, etc.
- Do not store any perishable food items
- Plan your storage so that you can have easy access to stored items
- Utilize the convenient tie-down rings along the inside walls of your iCan portable storage container to secure items for safe transportation
- Use packing material to wrap fragile items
- Use furniture pads and blankets to protect furnishings during transportation
- Disassemble furniture as much as you can to maximize storage space and aid in protecting your goods during transportation
- Labels: they are a smart investment and we highly recommend them – you’ll thank us later
- Take your time to pack in an organized and careful manner – remember, you’re storing with iCan Storage, so you can take all the time you need!
- Use sturdy boxes that won’t collapse during storage or moving – if you need new boxes, we have them for sale!
- Fill empty space in boxes with packing material to reduce shifting
iCan Storage wants to ensure that your portable storage experience with us is nothing less than the best, and proper packing can help avoid problems farther on down the road. Need help or packing supplies? We have both! Check out our Moving Help and Moving Supplies pages for further details.